1 Dropout rate in government schools in villages is varying from 19% to 39% depending upon the class and the poverty level of the child’s family (as per Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan report).
2 Badi Bata (enrolment in schools) programme by the government is yielding only limited results.
· Reluctance among parents in villages to send their children to schools.
· No participation/encouragement from the society towards child education.
· Financial constraints of the child’s family and lack of sensitiveness towards school education.
· Sensitising parents towards their children’s education.
· Community participation in the school activities, especially recruitment programme.
· In 2006 - 8000, In 2007 - 11000, In 2008 - 23000, In 2009 - 26500, In 2010 - 18600 and in 2011 - 24000 students enrolled.
Dropout rate reduced in all these schools due to increased commitment levels from the parents, teachers and community.